2009年5月11日月曜日

Letter from Hirobumi to all of us

Dear Students at University of the Philippines

It is my pleasure to have an opportunity to write to you. To comply with the request of my brother, Yoshifumi Takenouchi, I would like to introduce my self briefly.

I am Hirobumi Takenouchi, an associate professor of Shizuoka University located in Shizuoka prefecture, which is famous for Mt. Fuji. I am a philosopher and have lectures and seminars for graduates and undergraduates. What may sound interesting to you is that I am the only philosopher working in the faculty of agriculture in the whole of Japan. I often visit agricultural villages in order to acquire my own philosophy of the farming as subsistence. I also meet terminally ill patients to learn life and death from them. To my laboratory belong five students from abroad, three from China, one from Sri Lanka, one from Indonesia. We enjoy the international milieu.

I hope that all of you take the opportunity of self-realization and contribution to the development of your mother country. I wish to visit your country, and meet you before long. Thank you so much.

Sincerely yours,
Hirobumi TAKENOUCHI

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿