2009年1月20日火曜日

Letter from Precious to Mr. & Mrs. Suzuki

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Suzuki,

Good day!
My name is Precious Gemlin V. Plaza, one of Sir Yoshifumi Takenouchi’s students in Math 122 here in the University of the Philippines Diliman. I am writing you a letter to extend to you my sincerest thanks for sponsoring the book “Introduction to Linear Algebra and Differential Equations” by John W. Dettman to us. I am very proud to tell you that I am one of the lucky people who received this book after getting the highest scores in our first long examination. Until now, I am still in the state of shocked because I really can’t believe that I can make it to the top especially that I am just an average student, as I think. (But I guess I am already improving.) I really enjoy studying about differential equations, that’s why this book would be a great reference for me. I love solving and computing very long equations and getting a real answer after rather than proving theorems that in the end, I can’t even find its applications to my own life. Weird because I am taking up BS Mathematics but then on I don’t like proving stuffs like these. For me, Sir Yoshi (as I call him!) is a very good teacher because even though he came from Japan, he can still communicate and teach us clearly. I don’t get bored when it’s his class and I don’t know why until now. His lessons are very informative and detailed. That’s why I am thinking to have him as my thesis adviser for my undergraduate thesis (but I’m still not sure…) because I find differential equations, which as far as now is his forte, as a very interesting topic, applicable to real life and of course, I like it so much too!
I think my letter will just end up here. I hope I can write you another letter for you to know me better. (Maybe, if I can still make it to the cream of the crop after the second exam, so cross your fingers and wish me luck. (^_^) ) Again, thank you for sponsoring the book to us. May God bless you both, and your family as well, for you to continue giving people happiness in life (like me!).

Yours truly,
Precious Gemlin V. Plaza
3rd year, BS Math

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿